Do you want a job where you will:
- make a difference in your community?
- help families become self-sufficient and break the cycle of poverty?
- work with a highly respected nonprofit, a fun team and a growing local organization?
Apply to work at Habitat for Humanity of Waukesha County!
We are hiring for two AmeriCorps Construction Crew Leaders. AmeriCorps members are passionate and committed to the mission of bringing individuals and communities out of poverty.
AmeriCorps positions are great for many types of workers:
- People who want to gain skills in the construction trades
- College grads wanting to get real life work experience
- Baby boomers not ready to retire
- Or anyone wanting to explore a career change opportunity!
These full time, year-long positions earn a monthly living stipend. At the completion of service, AmeriCorps members choose to receive either an Education Award or an additional cash stipend. Students and college graduates may be eligible for loan deferment and paid loan interest accrual during service.
AmeriCorps Construction Crew Leader
The need: As Habitat Waukesha continues to grow, it is necessary to grow our construction department, and provide more leadership and oversight on our construction sites.
What they do: Work with construction staff to ensure timely completion of our home builds; lead and train teams of unskilled volunteers every week.
Requirements: AmeriCorps members do not need construction experience; rather a willingness to learn construction skills, work with tools, and lead teams of volunteers, is required.
Great for: People looking to gain experience and leadership skills in the construction trades. Retired contractors or construction managers. College graduates interested in non-profit management, skilled trades, or other construction-related fields.
AmeriCorps position application deadline: 06/30/2017. Have any questions? Contact Ben Sheehan at email@example.com or 262-309-6025 x205.